Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Oh, the little things..............

My father told me, after I kicked my ex-husband (The Pile) out of the house and out of my life, that if I were to ever stick my foot in the waters of love again I'd better be damn sure that he wasn't someone that needed fixing.  He also told me to sit down and write a list of "qualifications" that were a must in a man and don't settle for anything less.............This was my list:     

  • If he consumes alcohol it must only be socially and minimally
  • He must NOT be a user of drugs
  • He must work hard and take pride in his work
  • He must not be attached to his mother (like her and love her does not mean attached)
  • He must be kind to my children and accept them as a part of his life
  • He must treat me with respect
  • He must not ever raise a hand to harm me or my children
  • He must put the toilet seat down
  • He must believe in marriage
  • He must know how to take care of himself but allow me to take care of him
  • He must make me feel safe and secure
  • He must get along with my parents
  • He must allow me to talk on the phone when I want to
  • He must let me get my hair done without question
  • He must not come between me and my friends but be a part of us when possible
  • He must  not be arrogant
  • He must be physically affectionate
(This list is not in an order from most important to least important.  It is just a list)

So more then 2 years ago I met the man that fills all of these requirements and then some.  The little things that he does have become some of the most important things in my life.   The man does all of the above AND.....holds my hand.  Need I say more?

No comments:

Post a Comment